Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled these answers to some of the questions we hear often from our customers and prospects. If you don’t find the answers here, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll revert to you with the answers promptly.
The ActiFend security analytics engine in the cloud processes your website access logs in realtime to detect any attacks and successful hacks.
Any alerts generated in the process are delivered through the ActiFend Mobile App. You can use the app to act on these alerts, backup your website or restore it to a previously stored state.
It only takes a minute to install ActiFend from the mobile app.
- From Google Play Store download ActiFend mobile app
- Login using one of the supported accounts on your device – Google, Facebook or LinkedIn (recommended) -or- use your ActiFend admin email account + OTP
- First time users are taken to “Add your website” page directly. Here, enter your WordPress Website name.
- After a few checks, it will prompt you to install the plugin using the in-app browser.
Click on the “Install Plugin” button.
- Use your WordPress admin credentials to login and click on “install” then “activate” to complete the installation
- Upon activation, the browser should automatically close (in some cases, you may have to close it yourself) and you should be returned the App. You will now find the website on your ActiFend Live Assets dashboard.
Yes, you can install ActiFend plugin directly as well:
- Login to your website admin panel
- Search and install ActiFend Plugin on the add new plugin screen
- Activate the plugin
- Use the Opt-In checkbox and confirm the email address you’ll use to login to the ActiFend App
- Now install ActiFend App on your phone and start monitoring your website
As a deliberate design choice to protect your website visitors, ActiFend does not access any data submitted to you by your users. As a result, ActiFend does not automatically block certain attacks such as SQL Injection. However, this is adequately compensated by real-time hack detection.
event for the webserver, and for ActiFend.
For a limited period of time (3 weeks at this time) your existing backups will be retained.
You will be able to resume full functionality (including any backups from earlier period if within the retention period) upon renewing your subscription.
in USD), and the amount charged to you.
- Taxes and levies as required by the local laws and regulations.
- ActiFend uses INR as its base currency, but displays the closest equivalent USD
for the convenience of customers. Currency rate fluctuations may cause some small
One instance of ActiFend WordPress Plugin can only be configured with one website hostname (e.g., www.example.com). Each such website is treated as a separate asset.
Send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to respond.